Results of Annual General Meeting
Highland Gold Mining Limited ("Highland Gold", or the "Company" AIM: HGM) Announces, that at the Annual General Meeting of Highland Gold Mining Limited held today 16 June 2011, all the following resolutions were passed;
1. The Report of the Directors, the Audited Financial Statements and Auditor's report for the year ended 31 December 2010 were adopted.
2. Jim Mavor who retired as a Director of the Company was elected.
3. Eugene Shvidler who retired by rotation as a Director of the Company was re-elected.
4. Eugene Tenenbaum who retired by rotation as a Director of the Company was re-elected.
5. Terry Robinson who retired by rotation as a Director of the Company was re-elected.
6. Ernst & Young LLP were re-elected as Auditors of the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
7. The Directors were authorised to fix the Auditor's remuneration.
8. The Directors were generally and unconditionally authorised to allot, grant options or warrants over, offer or otherwise deal with up to 33% of the authorised but unissued share capital of the Company at the date of the passing of the resolution to such persons at such times and on such terms as they think proper without first making an offer to each person who holds ordinary shares in the Company, such authority to expire at the conclusion of the annual general meeting of the Company in 2014, save that the Directors may, notwithstanding such expiry, allot any ordinary shares or grant such rights under this authority in pursuance of any offer or agreement to do so made by the Company before the expiry of this authority.
The Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2010 were sent to shareholders on 20 May 2011 and are on the Company's website at www.highlandgold.com
The issued share capital and total number of voting rights of the Company at 16 June 2011 is 325,222,098 ordinary shares of £0.001 per share. The figure of 325,222,098 shares may be used by shareholders as the denominator for the calculations by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change to their interest in the Company, under the FSA's Disclosure and Transparency Rules.
For further information please contact:
|Highland Gold||Dmitry Yakushkin, Head of Communications + 7 495 424 95 21|
|Duncan Baxter, Chairman + 44 (0) 1534 814 202|
|Matrix||Robin Henshall, Partner +44 (0) 20 3206 7172|
|(Nominated Adviser and broker)|
|Fin Public Relations||Alex Glover + 44 (0) 20 7608 2280|